Friday, May 20, 2011

Roman Holiday

I know that most of this post has been a travelogue, but today I want to share a few of the logistics. Throughout this trip we have negotiated many steps, heavy suitcases and tight travel
vehicles, but nothing prepared us for the shower from hell. Ron as always paves the way setting the handle at the right temperature and reporting on the idiosyncrasies. So when I heard him struggling in the bathroom I knew we were in for a treat. Imagine if you will a 2 x 2 square base with folding doors on two sides. Now add a base that is 2 inches deep and a bath mat that sticks to the bottom and clogs the drain. To try an shave your legs requires the balance and agility of a Cirque du Soleil. Once you try to escape from this enclosure the folding doors refuse to open.




Next if I may let me describe our room. I was pleasantly surprised that we had a queen size bed. I found it amusing that it had a leopard print spread. When we pulled down the covers to get into bed we found an array of print and color combinations that would not be featured on HGTV. The good sisters of the Sacred Heart need to contact Candice Olsen for some Devine Design.




We spent the morning touring the ruins of ancient Rome and the afternoon and evening checking out where the locals hang. We found a delightful little coffee shop that serves lunch and has free Wi-Fi so it is our new daily hang out. I made three wishes at Trevoli Fountain too.




So tomorrow it's off to the Vatican. Maybe it will be our lucky day and the Pope will check on my hair. Ciao

Location:Santa Caterina di Policelli

No comments:

Post a Comment