Friday, May 27, 2011

Georgia on my mind

We beat the volcanic ash and made it home Tuesday evening at 9pm daylight savings time but 3am Venice time. After tight connection in the Frankfurt airport with a really stern customs officer we were pampered by the wonderful service on the Lufthansa Airline flight. Free wine great food and warm hand wipes throughout the trip, I give them two thumbs up.
So now that the bags are unpacked and fridge restocked, I've had time to reflect on our 3 week adventure. Italy is old and beautiful. The tourist towns are crowded and expensive but worth the effort. Our favorite time was the 5 days we spent in the Cinque Terra. The beautiful harbor in Vernazza welcomed us every evening to watch the sunset. The days were filled with hiking and exploring the other towns in the region.





Sorrento Amalfi and Capri took 2nd place in my heart. My pulse and stomach still remember the bus rides along the narrow and winding roads high above the Amalfi and Capri coasts. I can still see the waters of the blue grotto and the views from the top of the chairlift in Anacapri.





I have a growing fascination with Italian door knockers,





lizards,gardens



and tile house signs.


I have learned to carry my own toilet paper, expect really small showers and a healthy respect for long and narrow stairs. Oh and now my coffee seems like child's play after the mud like substance we drank every day.
Ron and I had a most wonderful adventure.



Location:Dunbar Creek Point Saint Simons Island

No comments:

Post a Comment